BRS has an exciting opportunity for an analyst to join the Offshore team in the Paris office.
- Interpret data, analyze results using analytics, research methodologies, statistical techniques and produce clear write ups of findings
- Develop weekly reports for the team with major market movements
- Develop reports using available databases and create models for each segment of the offshore market
- Develop monthly newsletters to be shared with clients
- Produce presentation slide packs for offshore brokers
- Provide strong and timely market, financial, and business analytic decision support to offshore team and various organizational stakeholders
Produce journalistic style write ups of industry themes, interviews, special events
Barry Rogliano Salles (BRS) is one of the world’s leading shipbrokers with over 160 years’ experience in international shipping. BRS has offices in China, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, India, Dubai, Greece, Switzerland, Spain, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United States, Colombia, Ivory Coast Its shipbroking activity is principally focused on :
- Chartering broking between shipowners and shippers/industrial groups including FFAs.
- Newbuilding, Sale and Purchase broking involving ship construction and second hand vessels including ship financing, conversion projects and recycling.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, business management, or economics
- Computer literate, excellent command of MS Excel, Powerpoint, PowerBi
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under time pressure
- Conscientious, very good eye for detail and quality control
- Strong communication skills
- Being fluent in spoken and written English
- Broad understanding of the energy and / or shipping sectors
- A first experience in the energy or shipping industry
- Experience of building mathematical models and the production of and manipulation of large databases
CB21, 16, place de l'Iris
92040 PARIS LA DEFENSE CEDEX